Whether you are leading a teaching team or extending your reach directly (by specializing or using blended learning, for example), your instructional excellence and leadership matter more than ever. You have the potential to help far more students succeed and to help colleagues strive for excellence, too—collaboratively and using the best of each person’s talents and skills. The tools here are designed to help you emulate and build upon the practices of the best Opportunity Culture teachers and teacher-leaders nationally. The tools were informed by the advice and stories of successful Opportunity Culture teachers and principals. Any empowered teacher-leader will find the tools helpful.
We are launching this section with tools for multi-classroom leaders. Please return in the future to find tools for other teachers, too!
Tools for Multi-Classroom Leaders (and all accountable teacher-leaders!)
Co-plan and monitor schoolwide goals, with support from your principal and other teacher-leaders:
- Priority Dashboard–Turnaround Version. Any school can use this tool to track success.
Take the right steps yourself, and clarify roles:
- Multi-Classroom Leader Action Planner—All Schools (to see each season in its own document, click on the following links: Summer; Fall; Winter; Spring)
- Organizational Chart Template—Multi-Classroom Leader Teams
Lead your team to ensure a culture of instructional excellence:
- Instructional Leadership and Excellence—The Key Elements (to dive deeply into improving instructional excellence and leadership, with more tools, videos, training, and PLC discussions)
- Leading a Team—a one-page summary
- Education Leaders’ Summary Action List—a one-page quick review of all action areas
- Instructional Excellence Summary
- Multi-Classroom Leader Team Meeting Sample Agenda—Analyzing Student Work
- Multi-Classroom Leader Team Meeting Sample Agenda—Data Analysis
Improve yourself and your team:
- Training for Opportunity Culture educators
- Selection and evaluation toolkits: kits include job descriptions and competencies for success
- School turnaround teacher tools share competencies and actions for success in this context
- Multi-Classroom Leader Competencies Self-Assessment—rate yourself on the competencies an MCL needs to understand areas you can develop