An Opportunity Culture for Teachers =
Support, Collaboration, Greater Impact, Higher Pay
In an Opportunity Culture:
- Great teachers can extend their reach to more students and lead teaching teams without leaving the classroom—for more pay, from regular budgets, not grants that will go away
- All teachers have the chance to earn more, learn more, and advance
- All teachers can focus on the on-the-job support and development everyone deserves, with powerful, consistent, built-in time for planning and collaboration
Teachers across the country are already experiencing this—
watch and listen to what they say about their Opportunity Culture jobs.
See Opportunity Culture job postings.
- Pioneering Multi-Classroom Leaders—Four pioneering multi-classroom leaders at high-need schools in Charlotte, Nashville, and Syracuse discuss in these vignettes and accompanying video their views of their roles, actions they took to lead their teams, mistakes they made, and how they recovered.
- Slide deck overview for educators: Opportunity Culture: Introduction for Educators (with or without speaker notes)
- 4-page overview: An Opportunity Culture for Teaching and Learning: Introduction
- More detail: An Opportunity Culture for All: Making Teaching a Highly Paid, High-Impact Profession
- How this is happening: Case studies
- More benefits for teachers: Using Excellent Teachers’ Time Wisely
- Pay and career path details
- Multi-Classroom Leader Training Sessions
- Making residencies for aspiring Opportunity Culture teachers possible